It’s Thursday — come through weekend! — and if you’re in the mood for music and mingling look no further than Santa Monica.
Each Thursday evening, running all season long, make your way to the world-famous Santa Monica Pier for LA’s favorite summer tradition, Twilight Concerts at the Pier. Now in its 33rd (and most popular) year, the concert series offers cool contemporary and classic music accompanied by some of the most amazing views Southern California has to offer. And the best part: it’s free!
Pack a picnic, arrive early to get a spot on the sand near the speakers, and enjoy as the sunset sets and the electric Pier comes to life in the distance — a quintessential L.A. music experience. This week’s musical genre is Rock, but the fest offers something for all. Running through August, the rest of the lineup includes:
- July 20, Rock: Eric Burdon & The Animals, Mr. Elevator, Rusty’s EAC
- July 27, Aussie Dance: Miami Horror, Cleopold
- August 3, Americana: Valerie June, Irma Thomas
- August 10, Latin: Mon Laferte, Buscabulla
- August 17, Indie Rock/Alt: Warpaint